Fun and Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrion Crown Chapt. 1

5 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Carrion Crown Chapt. 1 Empty Carrion Crown Chapt. 1

Post  DM Thorp Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:29 pm

Throughout the land the winter has been mild in terms of snow. Snowfall has been extremely scarce even in the mountains and the temperature has rarely fallen below freezing, instead it has hovered just above causing the would-be snow to be rain instead. Because of the weather, travel has been miserable with the roads turning to nearly frozen mud. To top off the cold and wet a blanket of fog has covered most of the land making it difficult to see far. The wind has been biting and the damp air and wet clothing hasn't improved the situation at all. Many folk have stayed indoors and caravans have been far fewer this winter than in recent years.

As you sit in taverns, homes, inns and temples across the land waiting for the world to lighten up the ill tidings of a friends passing are delivered to you by the young children of the town who are given a coin for running messages for the grownups. A boy around 12 years old approaches each of you in your current place of escape from the elements and delivers you a sealed scroll. ‘m sorry s’r bu’ tha mail came today n’ yah got som’ut urgent. after handing over the scroll the boy darts off to deliver the rest of his messages before returning home for the evening.

The scroll reads:

Dear friend,
My father spoke of you often and fondly since his return from your company. Unfortunately this letter is not written with joyous news but ill tidings as my beloved father, Petros Lorrimor, has passed away in a most unfortunate accident. He bid me write you and beg your attendance for his funeral ceremony and the reading of his will on the 8th day of Pharast 6711 AR. The company of such fine friends would be most welcome at this time.

Kendra Lorrimor

Show once you are ready to enter Ravengro:
Spoiler:

Tree plans to play and has been given a deadline of Tuesday to make his first post. If he posts before then I will move the story along. You can take the time while we wait to do your introductions and RP a bit, play with your settings and get the general feel for how it is going to work. Any time you plan to talk to the towns folk other than Kendra please make a diplomacy check if you want information.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

https://ttmt.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carrion Crown Chapt. 1 Empty Re: Carrion Crown Chapt. 1

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:27 am

The weather in Galton is already nicer than this... bah! I didn't pack for this weather.
As Spring passes Carrion Hill on his way from the River Kingdoms, he stops in the Carrion Hill market to purchase some cold weather gear and a Scarf.
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:35 am

Spring is able to find the gear he requires with ease as the shop keepers haven't had the business this year like years past. He finds bartering easy and the merchants willing to lower their prices to beat the competitions rates.

rolled diplomacy for you -15% on prices for the warmer clothing
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Since we have time before we get going, i'm just going to roleplay my trip out to Ustalav. I have almost a month long trip to get there, so if we're all set before then I can just get there quick of course.

Spring arrives in Ravengro, a few days before the funeral. He asks for directions to a nice inn from a local on the street. After arriving, he stables Emenurnada then enjoys the nearest tavern to his lodgings.

diplomacy: 6 + 2 = 8
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:37 pm

The town is quiet and the people are nice enough but they aren't fond of outsiders as a whole. Spring finds his lodgings and the Whispering Maiden near the town hall. There is an alley on the side of the Inn separating it from the Drunken Jailor, the local watering whole, home of a particularly fine nut brown ale. The Inn keeper, Jorvas owns both establishments and is found behind the bar this particular evening chatting up a group of locals. As Spring enters the tavern the crowd glances at him and a few nods of hello are passed while others grunt and turn back to their mugs. There are scattered tables throughout the tavern that seem to be a bit out of place because it doesn't maximize the space properly but it seems to be because people move the tables as they feel the need. There is a game of cards being played in a corner with a particularly cross man glowering at Spring when he has a spare moment.

As Spring finds his seat a young woman, around the age of 17 approaches carrying a tray of empty mugs on her way back to the bar. An' what can I be gettin' ye today little master?

Into the bouncy castle with you!

Last edited by DM Thorp on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Baruk lumbers into town, by now used to the rather unpleasant looks he gets due to both his Kellid lineage and his tribal nature, and begins looking for an inn that is willing to accommodate him.
Hopefully this time the bed will be large enough
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Baruk makes his way through the streets to the Whispering Maiden. The people in the streets jaws drop at the size of him and whispers are spread throughout the town that the son of a mountain giant is wondering the streets.

The bed of the inn's seems big enough for Baruk's bulk but if he isn't careful he may remove the door frame with his forehead.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 pm

I pay for a room for the next few days and drop off my gear, as always keeping my armor and weapons on hand. Then I head out to find somewhere with a hot meal and strong ale.
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:27 pm

No worries, the winter season is almost over, and the roads should be clear again. Spring finishes his tea.
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Baruk Steps out of the inn and crosses the small alley between it an the Drunken Jailor. As he enters the tavern the room is empty (9:30 PM) save for a gnome sitting on a bar stool and a man and woman behind the bar. All eyes turn to the monster of a man in the door. Gwen, the bar maid, eye's bulge as he looks at Baruk but she quickly recovers and reaches for a mug.

Jorvas, the man behind the bar takes everything in stride Better take a bar stool or booth along the wall, as big as you are they have the sturdiest builds. Soup and ham is all that's left from the evening meal.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 pm

I take a seat at the bar taking off my fur cloak and set it on the stool next to me.
I'll go with the ham and an ale.
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:55 pm

Spring smiles happily to the giant of a man, and eats another cracker.
Excuse the abruptness... but you must be a friend of the professor?
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:00 pm

Gwen bustles about for a minute getting the ham and ale. She sets down a large slice of meat along with the largest mug of nut brown ale she could pour. I can't recall your name sir. she says to Spring and then turns to Baruk. But this fine fellow was just telling us of his trip from the River Kingdom. Where big fella might you be from?

Jorvas winks at you and whispers, Oh she will be telling stories of this to Jorry tomorrow don't you doubt and she is going to say you were as tall as the barn.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Spring is the name, Gwen. He stands on his stool. Spring Lightfoot, at everyone's service!
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

Harper pull his hood down tighter over his head as he trudged into town. Well at least the weather can't get drearier. With a sigh he begins look around for somewhere to get out of the weather for a bit.

Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Harper makes his way through town to the Whispering Maiden. Its late for the towns folk at this point and most of the shops have closed. The Drunken Jailer is still open and a note on the Inn desk says to inquire next door for a room.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Its a pleasure to meet you Spring. Jorvas says as Gwen nods.

Not many of the little folk pass this way, people aren't used to seeing gnomes here anymore Gwen cuts more cheese and sets another sheet of sliced bread on a rack above the fire to toast.
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

My clan hails from the northern border of the Shudderwood. Aye Spring the professor was a man I called friend. Name's Baruk by the way, pleased to meet you all.
I look back at the plate and take a large bite of ham and then test the ale.
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 pm

If you all would like, I could play something to help us remember him as we should, in high spirits and ale in the belly!

Spring unlatches the bagpipes from the side of his backpack, and plays a light hearted dwarven drinking tune about remembering the good days.

perform: wind instruments: 13 + 8 = 21
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 pm

I finish my meal and take a large drink of ale.
Well played little one. I think I'm going to like you.
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Spring jumps down from the barstool, and moves aside the few items he was sitting on to be at the right level with the bar. He takes a bow.

Thank you! You're a real stand up fellow too I bet. A friend of the professor is a friend of mine. heh, stand up fellow. that was good.
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Everyone in the travern remembers Petros fondly during the song. Springs well practiced fingers fly along the pipe bringing to life the spirit that the professor exuded to all who knew him, one of hope for a better tomorrow and laughter for today.

Amazingly the piping didn't wake the boy sleeping in the back room.

That was a lovely song master Spring Gwen says when it is completed. She refills her tea and continues to sip on it, the redness of her cold seems to drain from her face the more she drinks. Jorvas sits on a stool behind the bar and continues to dry the mugs he looks to be lost in the thought of far gone days.

I met your people once Baruk, in my younger days I wandered the land much like your tribesmen but I had gold and women on the mind and not much of adventure. You would do well to be careful in town as a man your size is intimidating to say the least and most town folk aren't very receiving to outsiders. Don't take of fence to any grouchy looks shot your way, as long as you don't do anythin too funny for people to understand they will warm up eventually
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Thorp Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:35 pm

As Harper enters the tavern he can hear the piping of a gnome standing on a stool. Next to him is a giant of a man and behind the bar is the owner and his daughter. Everyone appears to be in a good mood sharing stories of brighter days.

Last edited by DM Thorp on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DM Thorp
DM Thorp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Spring Lightfoot Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Spring waves to the new comer to the tavern after he returns to sitting on his stool.
Spring Lightfoot
Spring Lightfoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Baruk Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks for the thought but I've gotten used to townsfolk not much caring for me. I've been travelling through Ustalav for the past couple years. I'm usually only in town long enough to resupply and get a hot meal or two. Though I'm unsure how long I'll be here this time.
Baruk
Baruk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum